This all happened too fast for me to get any photos, I’m sorry to say, but it was hilarious. We have thought for some time that we have a nesting pair of scrub jays in our neighbor’s tree right by the fence, because of all the air traffic. This morning we are sure. The scrub jays – both of them – were attacking the resident squirrel – and he was running for his life! Clearly protecting a nest. I wonder if we’ll get to see the new ones when they hatch.
Tags2009 Vacation 2010 Vacation 2012 Vacation Art Bees Birds Blue Angels Books CA condo Fleet Week Glasses Golden Gate Bridge Grand Canyon Hewlett-Packard History Humor Lake Temescal Memories Music New York Oakland Oakland East Bay Symphony Oakland Symphony Chorus Tour 2015 Odd things Opera Phonepix photos power outages Remodel Reno Air Races Rockridge San Francisco Bay Science spiders Stupidity vacations Weather WordPress Yosemite
- An Immigrant Love Story, Four Decades in the Making
- Covered California Rates Could Skyrocket Without Obamacare Subsidies
- From Underdog to State Champs, Tiny High School Team Heads to Cooking Nationals
- BART Cops Say 1 Suspect Arrested, More Sought, in Oakland Train Robbery
- KQED Newsroom Special: Trump’s First 100 Days